Monday 18 March 2013

•••• GLOSSY BOX MARCH 2013 ••••




Hello everyone, My Glossy Box came in last week and didn't have the time to do blog post staright away due to University Assignment pressure. But any whoooo, here I am , reviewing March box:

This month's GlossyBox is all about City Chic. To help you perfecting your looks, Glossy tried and tested until they found the hardest working, multi-tasking heavy duty products that give you a high-maintenance look with minimum time, money and effort spent. For the ultimate in cospolitan chic, every urban warriors needs essentials in her arsenal (info from GloosyBox Leaftlet)

The Contents:




  • Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream skin protectant Fragrance Free
  • Juicy Couture perfume
  • Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics
  • Nails Inc nail polish
  • Treseme Salon Finish Extra Hold Hairspray





Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant Fragrance FreeSample Size 7ml worth £3.50 , full size £25 for 50ml


I have been wanting to try this cream for a while as heard so much about it. Tried is twice so far and haven't seen any difference or it didn't 'WOW' me so I'll carry on using it until I come to a decision, whether to buy full size or not. Shame about the size, wish it was a bigger sample, though it's deluxe size so won't complain too much. 



Nails Inc nail polish (Shade: St. James)Sample Size 4ml worth £4.40, Full size £11 for 10ml


I love Nails Inc brand and own quite a few shades by them already. The colour I received was quite nice although I wouldn't pick this up if I was buying one , cute size to try too. I tried it with glitter on top of it as well as top coat that I received in November's GlossyBox, looked really nice and had a few compliments at work :)


Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics Lip BlushSample Size 2.5g Full size £12


I love Jelly Pong Pong, I have tried some of their products before, I think their packaging is cute and adorable and this one was no different(though, didn't receive a box with it as it shows on the leaflet). I received bit like rossie red shade. I am not normally a fan of Red lipstick/balm/gloss however this one was actually quite nice, stayed on for a good few hours. It's creamy and doesn't break your lip lol and most importantly, it's well pigmented :) 




Juicy Couture Perfume , Couture La La LaSample size 1.5ml worth £0.95 , Full Size £63 for 100ml


OK, now the moaning part. I absolutely hate receiving perfume samples in my beauty boxes. I don't mind receiving them as an extra but not as 1 of 5 products. Especially when, Other people received a deluxe sized L'Occitane Cream who didn't receive this perfume sample , now how does it balance? That cream is worth around £12 and this perfume sample is worth 95p! Though I love the smell and I already own this perfume in 30ml bottle. This is a let down sample of the box.
I posted my concern on GlossyBox fan page on facebook and here's the PrtSc :


Oh well :-/


Tresemme Salon Finish Extra Hold HairspraySample size 100ml worth £0.93 , Full Size £4.69 for 500ml


I already own one of this product in full size and to be honest I wouldn't have repurchased this. It's quite sticky and has normal holding power. I prefer my all time favorite L'oreal hairspray which you can brush away without having to wash your hair or damage it. Would give this product away to someone.


Last but not the least, Glossy Box included a cute little booklet of Travel info. There are a few stickers inside which I thought was really cute and travel info about different countries would come in handy when travelling. Thank you Glossy Box for this :)

What do I think about March Glossy Box 2013 overall?



I normally like all my Glossy Boxes however, my only complain is the perfume samples they put in as one of the products and their variations are sometime quite unfair. But again, I love Glossy Boxes and would definately continue being a subscriber. I liked 2 and would use 3 out of 5 products from this month's box.

I give Glossy Box 3 out of 5 this month.


••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

What do you think of your Glossy Box? , would love to hear your opinion

Feel free to leave a comment :)

Love, Fatema x


20 comments:

  1. keep using the Eight hours cream . u will defo notice a difference.. also loving the jelly pong pong..great review
    farhana x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm I like the texture of the cream
      I've seen you trying the lippy on, looked so great on you :)
      Thank u hun x x

      Delete
  2. I like my Glossy although I did recieve the l'occitane produvt other then the perfume sample. A few nice products but feel these boxes are being filled with more and more mundane samples. Excited to try EA 8 hour cream and glad as I hated it and would have been upset if I bought it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...L'occitane products are great and I am fan of them , shame that I didn't get that product
      I still am unsure about EA , whether to buy the full size or not, if I see a good offer, then you never know ;)
      Thank you for the comment Beth x

      Delete
  3. I love the eight hours cream and been using it for over eight years.... I guess u either love it or you don't x

    ReplyDelete
  4. meant to say ten years not eight lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no worries
      It also depends on what sort of skin type you have, I have a very dry skin and therefore it's stubborn and takes a long time to get used to one
      ...and I would have got bored by using it for so long
      hats off ;) x

      Delete
    2. got dry skin as well... Don't give up this product yet lol

      Delete
  5. I definitely think this is one of Glossy's better boxes! Like you, I've wanted to try the Eight Hour Cream for ages, so that was a good one for me. Lovely review (and great pictures!) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jo!
      Eight Hour cream seems to be the spot light product of the box this month
      Thank you for the lovely comment too :) x

      Delete
  6. Hey there, you got the exact same box as me. I was disappointed in mine! And the perfume sample as 1 of the 5 is really unfair! I would have loved the L'Occitane cream too!
    Following your blog now hun, would love a follow-back! x

    http://frommfyou.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup totally agree with you!
      if they didn't have enough L'Occitane cream, they should have put an alternative one but deff not the Perfume Sample.
      Thanks for the comment hun
      following you back too x

      Delete
  7. I love glossybox! This months box was my first box and I was happy with it but I did see another blog post that got a beauty blender and I would have loved that. Come check out my blog and say hi and follow me back please. xx

    http://wakeuptomakeup1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natasha
      Thank you for the comment. I love mine too. I think the beauty blender you're talking about is in Birch Box this month, did u get one?

      Follwing you now x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah maybe it was Birchbox then. I got both of my boxes but no beauty blender :(! Thanks for following me :) Have you ever done a makeup swap? I'm really wanting to do on. If interested email me on wakeup2makeupnk@gmail.com xx

      Delete
  8. I got the same box and I actually decided to cancel my subscription as I just wasn't happy with it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you mean
      It's a hit and miss sometimes
      But then when you cancel, you have a fear of missing out on a good box x

      Delete